Here are just a handful of reasons why I'm a #10MinuteNovelist...
1. Because I have a day job. As much as the #WriteJar is helping me get “paid” for writing, $2 an hour doesn’t go as far as it used to when I was fourteen and working at a daycare. I’d like to blame it on my husband, but honestly, I’m accustomed to a fairly high class way of living.
2. Even though I get up at 4:30 in the morning to write, sometimes those couple of hours before work doesn’t give me enough time to write. I blame Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. You know, the evils of social media. Can I use that as a status update?
3. I like to sleep. Sometimes the snooze button is my all-time favorite friend. Well, second to sleep anyway.
4. I have kids. They might be teenagers and can cook their own food, but sometimes I have to say more than “uh huh” while sneaking a glance at my hands to make sure I’ve found the middle row of the keyboard. Ignoring the kids completely will not get me a mother of the year award.
5. Sex is kind of important. It’s not the most important part of a relationship, but let’s face it; it can be one of the most fun parts. And when you’re balancing writing, kids, work, and sleep, you have to limit the writing time so you can get in a good bedroom date.
6. The #10MinuteNovelists group is full of fun people. They keep the writing life interesting and much less solitary than it could be if I didn’t know them.
7. I get to host a weekly writing chat. It’s on Sundays at 11am AKDT (shameless plug there) and if you’re part of the #10MinuteNovelist group, you can join in. It’s totally fun.
8. I am a procrastinator. If I don’t have like-minded people prodding me along, I might never get anything written, much less published.
9. It gets me out of my shell. I’m a serious introvert and these folks stretch me out of my comfort zone. They also have excellent book reading recommendations; a bonus.
10. #10MinuteNovelists have amazing swag. Like this coffee mug. I think I’m going to buy that for myself for Valentine’s Day this year.
Don't you want to be a #10MinuteNovelist too?