For those days when you feel like life has you beat, here are 10 reasons you might be tougher than you thought...
1. You’ve continued to live your life despite taunts, bullying, and attitude from others who are obviously jealous of your beauty, your bounty, and probably your breasts.
2. You went to work today even though you really wanted to stay cuddled under the covers and pretend that your awful boss and annoying coworkers didn’t exist.
3. You held your head up high when you saw your horrible ex at that function last week. You also didn’t trip his snooty new girlfriend even though you had every opportunity to do so.
4. You ate salad for dinner instead of choosing that greasy fried chicken smothered in a pint of gravy because you’ve made the decision to live healthier. And you didn’t cry about it.
5. You read a story to your child before bedtime even though you were exhausted and were reading through fatigue caused by a ten hour work day.
6. You stood on the bus during the commute to work and let another, more tired looking mother have your seat. Because she was finagling her way to the office after dropping her baby off at daycare. You’ve done the single mother tour and it’s no fun. She deserved that seat and probably a medal.
7. You kept your mouth shut when you really wanted to tell off that person who just keeps nagging you about changing your life. You know she’s dealing with her own stuff right now and doesn’t need you to bring it out into the light of day. Her words are her own pain, you can handle it.
8. You wore an old pair of shoes to the office because spending the money you earmarked for the electric bill would have been stupid. It sucks to be living paycheck to paycheck, but you’ll be damned if you aren’t going to live it responsibly until something better comes along.
9. You signed up for college at one of those “adult education” places. It’ll be tough, but you’ve decided now is the time to invest in yourself. It might mean less sleep and no more $4 coffees for a while, but the degree with your name on it will be worth it.
10. You smiled at someone who looked sad in the grocery store. Sure, your heart still hurts from that boyfriend who ripped it out last week when you found out he was messing around, but you just heard that sad person talking about her husband of thirty years passing away from cancer. You know when someone’s stronger than you and you smile to help them feel better.
Maybe you've done one of the things on this list or maybe you've done something else. Chances are, you're tougher than you thought. #Top10Tuesday